Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28: Happy Birthday, pater!






Wonderful day today. Sunny and warm.
I noticed the first buds and a few hyacinths. The tulips will open soon.

I had a few conversations today.
1. A leftist (typical face: thick glasses, messy teeth, rare facial hair, curly hair, etc.) had to intervene as I encouraged a European business, mentioning that there are too many Chinese grocery stores in the area.
I told him that he was entitled to his opinion as I was entitled to mine.
"End of subject", I said.

I left and I said : "Have a great day, sir!", but he ignored me.

2. A great conversation with the owner of  a beer shop. I hope that they'll survive.
I am very happy to see other businesses than Chinese restaurants in our neighborhoods.

In that area there are numerous Asian (Chinese I assume) shops: two grocery stores across from each other, some sort of internet service, a restaurant.

3. There is this curtain/bed sheets, etc. shop in the same area. The owner is an Arab gentleman. I asked if business was good. Tough, he said. A lot of competition.
 Down the street, there is a...Chinese shop. They sell... curtains  and some Chinese trinkets.

4. I had a good conversation with a member of Mouvement Québec Français . I told him about the all-Chinese sign at the restaurant on Newman. I'll send them the photos.
He told me about this great application called J’ACHÈTE en FRANÇAIS


DescriptionL’application J’ACHÈTE en FRANÇAIS vous permet d’identifier et de soutenir les entreprises qui offrent d’excellents services en français. C’est une belle occasion de contribuer à l’essor du français au Québec.Avec cette application vous pourrez noter et commenter des entreprises et commerces pour la qualité du français : langue d’accueil, langue d’affichage ou langue de travail.Au Québec, les commerces et les entreprises quelle que soit leur taille, doivent servir leurs clients en français. Utilisons notre pouvoir d’achat pour faire du Français la langue d’affaires au Québec !


This morning I read this article: http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2015/04/28/001-affaires-immigration-chinois-chine-quebec.shtml

It is repulsive. I hope that this will not happen.


And, of course, today is pater's birthday:)





No comments:

Post a Comment